is planned as a 10-weekend summer event in Great Barrington, MA, where street performers (buskers) will perform in designated areas in the early evenings of Friday and Saturday. The locations span one end of downtown to the other, creating a "cultural journey." We intend for the performers to be diverse in age, race, skill, and genre -- from bands, to jazz and classical music, spoken word, dance, jugglers and more.
Aside from creating a new and exciting type of community engagement, the project is all about economic development -- helping to ensure sufficient numbers of customers for the restaurants and stores in town to help them recover from the pandemic.
The Volunteer Coordinator will oversee the recruitment, training, scheduling, and supervision of “day-of-event” volunteers. This person will work with the festival’s management team to conceptualize and build our volunteer program. Volunteers will be needed for the festival’s merchandise table, onsite attendee directions, operational assistance with performers and helping to coordinate an after party.
An important part of this project will be the outreach, interviewing and organization of a group of volunteers.
Previous experience in supervising volunteers and directing a volunteer program
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Customer service-driven and positive attitudeSelf-motivated; plans work without detailed instruction and makes constructive suggestions
- Proactive, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, weighs alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions
- Strong interest in the cultural arts (music, dance, theater, etc.) and/or performance background
Starting in May through beginning of September
- Time is largely self-scheduled in May and June for volunteer recruitment
- Specific schedule requirements:
- As needed check-in meetings with Festival Director July-September
- Self-scheduled time during the week Event Nights - Fridays and Saturdays, approximately 4pm-10:00pm
Note that this is a volunteer position. While we don’t have a budget to pay, we’re going to treat you really really well!
- Please send a cover letter and your resume, and include your Linkedin profile if available
- Tell us why you are perfect for this role, and about any work and/or volunteer opportunities you’ve done that relates to task responsibilities or qualifications indicated above. (We believe your cover letter is more important than your resume!)
- Deadline: April 26, 2021
Posted: April 16